Review- Twilight
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Wow.
One word.
Wow.
That's the only thing that can explain the genius that is Twilight.
I went into the theatre telling myself that the show will bore me to wit's end.
But the moment the lights went down, and people started to hush the rest
I totally did a complete 180.
I found myself saying "Holy Rosie Oprah Martha, I'm so going to enjoy this!"
True enough, I did enjoy myself.
Well, the show started off with this hunting scene, where a "something" was chasing after a deer in the woods.
At once, the audience guessed that it was a vampire.
And then the whole history and autobiography about the main character/ heroine, Bella, followed.
We are introduced to the heroine very quickly, and she was made very human very quickly as well.
I meant to say that the audience was instantly plunged into her world of domestic problems, typical teenage problems related to moving into another state in USA.
Enough about the heroine.
The movie introduces the Hero, Edward, after half an hour into the movie.
Not going to reveal much here, but let's just say that he is not the only vampire in the school.
Oh yes, Bella met Edward at school. During lunch. That's it.
So, after mysterious killings by an "animal" began to spark curiosity in the town of Fork,
The story began to get exciting.
After many cool vampire scenes and love issues and snogging in bed,
The show got to it's climax, which was a little disappointing, now that i thought about it.
However, the whole show was overwhelming for me, and it took me by surprise,
Knocking me off guard.
Finally,
There are alot of eye candies in the show,
For both the lads and the lassies.
I, personally, fell in love with one of Edward's foster sister, Alice.
She's super hot and sexy.
And with that hair?
Oh my god.
Super Turn On-er!
I have to google her.
Period.
You might be asking me how many stars or popcorns or ice-cubes or hotdog buns or straws or bottle caps or chillis or bird droppings I'm going to give this movie.
Well,
I'm giving it a full 5 of 5.
Watching the movie made me want to read the book.
So, is Twilight replacing Harry potter this year a good thing?
Is it worth it?
Is it better than Harry Potter?
The answers are Yes, Yes!, and
We all get bored sometimes after watching that bespectacled boy again and again in the big screen every year or so,
And we are in dire need of something new and fresh.
And i believe that Twilight has brought enough freshness and originality into the world of vampires and fantasy.
So that's it for now,
Until next time,
This is
Hunni; Creative Director of ATTProductions.
Labels: review